Time to request an examination. Below is an explanation of examination types and components with instructions on how to enter a request in our online system.
Selection Methods/Examination Components
- Written Examination: consists of a written multiple-choice test
- Employment/Experience (In-title E/E): consists of evaluation and scoring of a candidate’s experience on the job in the exam title only
- Education & Experience (E&E): consists of evaluation and scoring of a candidate’s many education and experience factors from attainment of a degree to exerience in job titles from entry-level through promotional
- Assessment Centers (Delegated): are a series of exercises designed to test how well a candidate would perform in a job, using simulations and role players to replicate real, on-the-job situations. Candidates are evaluated on qualities such as Leadership, Decision-Making, Interpersonal Skills, and Written and Oral Communication.
- This type of examination requires the use of a delegation agreement with the Civil Service Unit.
Types of Examinations
Open Competitive - Anyone who meets the minimum qualifications can take these exams.
Departmental Promotional - These exams are open to permanent employees of the participating department only who meet the eligibility qualifications established for the specific announced examination.
Examination Request Types
- Written Exam with Education & Experience
- Weighted-Graded Exam (Written, Assessment Center, and Education & Experience) - Only candidates that pass the written take the Assessment Center
- Sole Assessment Center with In-Title Experience
- Sole Assessment Center with Education & Experience