About the program
Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) is a recognition program administered by the Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards’ (DLS) OSHA Consultation Program for smaller, high-hazard employers who operate exemplary safety and health programs. Becoming a SHARP company takes commitment and dedication. A single consultation visit does not automatically make your company a SHARP member. Acceptance of your worksite into SHARP from OSHA is an achievement of status that singles you out among your business peers as a model for worksite safety and health. Upon receiving SHARP recognition, the U.S. Department of Labor/OSHA exempts your worksite from OSHA programmed inspections during the period that your SHARP certification is valid.
Becoming a SHARP member can save you money by:
- Lowering worker's compensation insurance premiums;
- Improving worker retention and reducing costly turnover;
- Reducing worker days away from work, which can keep operations and production running smoothly.
Contact us for information on becoming a SHARP member.
Massachusetts SHARP businesses
- Sanford & Hawley, West Springfield, MA
- PolyPlating, Chicopee, MA
- UN1F1ED2 Global Packaging Group, Sutton, MA
- Crosby Yacht Yard, Osterville, MA
- Corrosion Materials, Auburn, MA
- Cri-Tech, Hanover, MA
- Valley Steel Stamp Greenfield, MA
- Atlas Pulp Sutton, MA