Take Me Saltwater Fishing Workshops
These 4-hour long workshops have been developed for fishing club members, youth program leaders, classroom teachers, community members, and parents / family members who enjoy working with children and like to fish, or would like to learn. Potential models include after-school fishing clubs, summer camps, school-family events, Scout groups, church groups, and Captains. Anyone interested in taking youth saltwater fishing are welcome to join the workshops!
This workshop will cover:
- Casting technique and instruction
- Saltwater gear setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Pre, during, and post fishing trip activities
- Fishing trip preparation and safety
- Responsible angling practices
Additional Resources for
Free To Fish Gear Loan Program
No fishing rods? No problem! We have saltwater fishing rods and tackle you can borrow at our Gloucester and New Bedford offices for use during youth angler events field trips. There is no charge to borrow the equipment -- just enjoy your day of saltwater fishing in Massachusetts!
Participants in the Free To Fish program need to complete:
- A Take Me Saltwater Fishing! Workshop OR A Free To Fish program Consultation
- The Free To Fish program application form
For additional information, including workshop schedules, printed Youth Fishing Guide requests, and Free To Fish loan gear please contact Christine Cassidy at email@example.com