The Division of Marine Fisheries manages the state’s commercial and recreational saltwater fisheries and oversees other services that support the marine environment and fishing communities.
Our response to COVID-19
Who we serve
The Division of Marine Fisheries serves the recreational and commercial fishing industry, as well as other interested parties, through research, management, and permitting.
Advisories and Legal Notices
- 09/30/21: 2021 Commercial Striped Bass Fishery to Close After October 1
- 09/30/21: Directed Sea Herring Fishery in Area 1A to Remain Closed in Season 2
- 09/24/21: 2021 Commercial Winter II Scup Limits Set at 21,000 Pounds
- View more
- Subscribe to DMF advisories and updates!
- MASS Cares Act Relief for Fishing and Seafood Industry
- Trap Gear Buoyline Modifications
- DMF's Report Characterizing Springtime Longfin Squid Trawl Fishery
- Proposed Regulatory Amendments and Public Hearings
- FAQ on New Recreational Striped Bass Rules
- 2021 Guide to DMF Regulations
- Update on Striped Bass License Plates