The Virtual Gateway aims to deliver services in new, better, and more innovative ways to the Commonwealth's citizens.
By consolidating information and online services in a single location on the internet, the Virtual Gateway simplifies the process of connecting the general public, clients, providers, and agency staff to critical health and human services programs and information. In addition to connecting people to much needed programs and information, the Virtual Gateway also gives providers, organizations, and government agencies better management and reporting tools, which in turn allow them to deliver services to their clients more quickly and effectively.
The Virtual Gateway serves as a single access point for a wide variety of programs including health care services, food assistance, veterans’ services, and Disability and Community Services programs. Using information and tools available through the Virtual Gateway, consumers, medical providers, community based organizations, and EOHHS agencies work together to ensure that citizens have access to the programs and services they need as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Today, approximately 1 million individuals representing more than 18,000 organizations use the Virtual Gateway to conduct business with agencies within EOHHS.
A couple of examples of the many activities that Virtual Gateway users can perform include:
- Manage Service Programs: Manage services for children, seniors, veterans, homeless, and disabled persons who are aided by departments within EOHHS.
- Submit Bills and Service Records: Complete and submit service delivery reports and invoices through a single front door to EOHHS agencies.
The Virtual Gateway continues to improve on its capacity to serve the public efficiently. The Virtual Gateway has:
- Reduced the amount of time it takes to apply for services and receive an eligibility determination
- Expedited half a million applications for services from individuals and families
- Improved case management and service delivery for some of our most vulnerable citizens
- Reduced the amount of time it takes for EOHHS to pay contracted service providers