- This page will assist you in navigating through ITD's main categories of content grouped under, "Research & Technology" from the tab above.
ITD Welcomes New Leadership
Bill Oates has joined state government in the role of Commonwealth Chief Information Officer (CCIO). In his more than seven years as CIO for the city of Boston, Bill transformed the way the city uses technology to engage with citizens. He helped establish the city’s Office of New Urban Mechanics, now a globally recognized model for civic innovation, and launched the Citizens Connect initiative in 2009 to enhance citizen engagement and promote transparency while improving delivery of services. With Citizens Connect as the model, Bill worked with the Patrick Administration to bring the Commonwealth Connect app to more than 55 cities and towns across Massachusetts. Bill will build upon and strengthen ITD’s ongoing efforts to promote the strategic use of technology for business gain across the Commonwealth.
ITD also welcomes Charles Desourdy as the agency’s new Chief Operating Officer (COO). Charlie comes to ITD from a 30-year career in technology at UMass Medical School, where he most recently served as Associate CIO for Enterprise Network Services. Charlie’s experience spearheading complex technology initiatives while managing operations through times of organizational change has prepared him well for the role of COO at ITD. His focus on delivering technology that enables clients to meet their strategic business goals is well-suited to the work and mission of ITD.
- Increased Business Value: Provide State Government services and programs more efficiently, effectively and equitably through smart technology investments and IT management
- Increased IT Productivity: Manage IT services and programs more efficiently and effectively
- Improved IT Risk Management: Ensure adequate protections, policies and procedures are in place to effectively manage IT risks and threats to the business
- Better IT Financial Management: Manage IT in a fiscally sustainable manner
Please see ITD's Strategic Plan-in-Brief