The EOTSS contract management unit provides contract review and contract negotiation services on large-scale projects across the Commonwealth. This team has negotiated and established highly discounted enterprise volume license agreements with several major software providers, resulting in millions of dollars of annual savings for the state.
It has also developed a centrally managed program that prioritizes contractual data security obligations and ensures access to security patches and bug fixes for software deployments.
Purchase request process for state employees
- EOTSS maintains enterprise agreements with a number of vendors for use by other agencies and Commonwealth entities (see How enterprise agreements work). If you are looking to purchase software or services under an enterprise agreement, browse the Product and Service Catalog to place an order.
- If you have a question regarding an existing EOTSS enterprise agreement, please submit it via ServiceNow by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are procuring IT for your agency and have a question about contracting, please email email@example.com.
Purchase request process for EOTSS employees
- Log in to the Procurement and Contracts Management System (PCMS) and make a Procurement and Contracts Request (PCR). If you don’t have a PCMS user login, contact your department’s purchasing coordinator.
- If you’re purchasing a new product or service, you’ll have to complete a Request For Quotation (RFQ) template and attach it to the PCR.
- If you’re renewing a product or purchasing maintenance or support, you will need to upload a quote from the vendor.
- The procurement team will review the request and it will either be completed or submitted to the legal or contract management team. You will be able to track progress in the PCMS.
- Once submitted to the contract management team, we will provide an initial consultation with the requester. After the initial consultation, the team will work with the requestor and vendor to draft and finalize a contract or contract amendment. The team will meet with the vendor and requester on a regular basis until an agreement is met and the document can be submitted for signatures.
How enterprise agreements work
The Contract Management team manages multiple enterprise agreements. Enterprise agreements are generally defined as agreements that are made available to the Executive Branch, and select additional Commonwealth entities, for use. Enterprise agreements may be procured via RFRs or may be procured under Statewide Contracts.
EOTSS offers two purchasing models under enterprise agreements: EOTSS purchasing (EOTSS makes a purchase on behalf of the customer) and direct purchasing (the customer makes a purchase directly with the vendor).
Examples of software/service providers whose offerings are available under EOTSS enterprise agreements: (please note that the following list is not comprehensive and purchasers should refer to ServiceNow or the Product and Service Catalog).
- Amazon Web Services
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions and Hyland
- NTT Data
- NWN Corporation
The Contract Management team will provide contract review and consultation with the requester prior to drafting or amending an existing contract. After an initial consultation, the team will work with the vendor to draft and finalize an enterprise-level contract or amendment and provide the requester with regular status updates. Meetings with the vendor and requester will be held on a regular basis until an agreement is met and the document can be submitted for signatures.