The Land Court Department has seven authorized judicial positions and statewide jurisdiction over the registration of title to real property, and foreclosure and redemption of real estate tax liens. The Court shares jurisdiction over matters arising out of decisions by local planning boards and zoning boards of appeal, and over most property matters. The Court also has superintendence authority over the registered land offices in each Registry of Deeds. Based in Boston, the Land Court may schedule sessions in other locations within the Commonwealth.
Land Court - Announcements
- Supreme Judicial Court Approves New Land Court Rule 14, effective January 1, 2017. Approval Notice .
Land Court Rule 14: Binding Summary Decision Following Bench Trial: Waiver by Parties of Detailed Findings of Fact and Rulings of Law.
- Notice of New Military Affidavit and Instructions
- Land Court Contact Information
- Limited Assistance Representation (LAR)
- Commissioners for Partition of Real Estate
- How to Schedule a Motion
- Land Court Approved Provider List for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Land Court Fees
- Land Court Forms
- Land Court Frequently Asked Questions
- Land Court Jurisdiction, History, & Evolution of Title
- Land Court Rules, Guidelines & Standards
- Public Access to Land Court Case Information on the Internet
- Quick Links to Helpful Resources
- Registered Land Memos from Chief Title Examiner
- Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act FAQ
- Service of Process in the Land Court