Massachusetts provides a bonus to veterans of certain campaigns who were living in Massachusetts immediately prior to entry in the armed forces. In case of the death of a veteran, the spouse and children, mother or father, brother or sister, or other dependents of the deceased veteran (in that order) are eligible for a bonus.
- State and federal veterans' benefits are available to the dependents (spouse, children, parents) of eligible veterans.
- The federal government offers benefits, services, and programs for veterans and their families, as well as members of the Reserve Component.
- Online resources to help veterans, servicemembers, and families with finances.
- Under Chapter 115 of Mass. General Laws, the Commonwealth provides a program of financial and medical assistance for indigent veterans and their dependents.
A resource for Veterans looking to navigate the DoD and VA system for disability benefits. This website breaks down the disability benefits process, condition codes, and the rating and appeals system.
- Mission Direct Vet is a jail diversion program that provides services and treatment to veterans as an alternative to incarceration.
- An assortment of information, questions, and answers that may help recently called-up Guard and Reserve members and their families.
Veterans are allowed certain tax exemptions and motor vehicle benefits such as license plates, excise tax exemptions, and vehicle registration exemptions.
Proposed amendments to regulations: Chapters 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, and new Chapter 14 of Title 108 of the Code of Massachusetts Regulations.