- Under Chapter 115 of Mass. General Laws, the Commonwealth provides a program of financial and medical assistance for indigent veterans and their dependents.
A one-time bonus payment for service during wartime and an annuity in the amount of $2000 for certain veterans and their spouses, as well as Gold Star Parents.
- Mission Direct Vet is a jail diversion program that provides services and treatment to veterans as an alternative to incarceration.
Veterans are allowed certain tax exemptions and motor vehicle benefits such as license plates, excise tax exemptions, and vehicle registration exemptions.
- The Pension Program provides elderly veterans or eligible spouses with assistance in applying for VA Non-Service Connected Pensions and/or Chapter 115 benefits.
- State and federal veterans' benefits are available to the dependents (spouse, children, parents) of eligible veterans.
- An assortment of information, questions, and answers that may help recently called-up Guard and Reserve members and their families.
- The federal government offers benefits, services, and programs for veterans and their families, as well as members of the Reserve Component.
- Online resources to help veterans, servicemembers, and families with finances.
- Veterans who have had difficulty securing benefits through the VA or who are seeking employment are encouraged to contact DVS.