DDS provides education, tools, and resources so our Deaf individuals can move towards independence through health, safety, and productivity
𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗪𝗜𝗗𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥 𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗘:
• Work directly with Service Coordinators to provide input about how to approach and communicate with Deaf individuals.
• Consult at or prior to Individual Service Plan or other important meetings.
• Provide Visual Language Assessment services for individuals using American Sign Language, picture boards or other means for communication.
• Consult on transition issues for those turning 22.
• Consult during intake and eligibility for Deaf individuals.
• Visit on-site at individuals' homes or workplaces for a consult.
• Provide cultural awareness and sensitivity training.
• Provide cross-cultural mediation.
• Consult with all units within the Department.
• Provide information regarding other resources.