The Department of Developmental Services provides supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorder to enhance opportunities to become fully engaged members of their community.
Information for Families...
Who we serve
The Department’s mission is to create, in partnership with others, innovative and genuine opportunities for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to participate fully in their communities and meaningfully engage as valued members.
DDS works with adults to connect them with an array of employment and day program supports, community living and other residential aid, and family support.
DDS works with children to provide family support and supplement educational services through specialized programs.
Services are individualized and planned using a person-centered approach. For a full listing of DDS services please refer to "More Actions & Services" below.
Not sure which area or regional office serves your community? Check out our interactive map tool.
What would you like to do?
- DDS Family Support
- DDS Quality Management
- DDS Public Data and Analytics
- DDS Self Directed Services
- DDS Children's Autism Waiver Service Program Overview
- DDS Deaf Services
- IDD Blindness and Vision Impairment
- Find DDS Regulations, Policies & Protocols
- DESE DDS Program
- DDS Contracts (Purchase of Services)
- Department of Developmental Services Public Meetings & Legislative Reports
- Home and Community Services Information System (HCSIS)
- DDS Eligibility Services
- Supportive Technology
- Home and Community Based Services Waivers for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities
- Find a service with DisabilityInfo.org
- DDS Supplemental Supports
- Department of Developmental Services Public Records
- MassRealLives.org - Find a Program
- Rewarding Work - Respite and In-Home Care
Recent news & announcements
- Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- Disabled Persons Protection Commission
- Autism Commission
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health
- Department of Public Health
- Massachusetts Department of Children & Families
- Department of Transitional Assistance
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
- Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
- Office of the Child Advocate