- This page, CAP Workshop: Deciding to Disclose (11/15/23), is offered by
- Massachusetts Office on Disability
CAP Workshop: Deciding to Disclose (11/15/23)
Overview of CAP Workshop: Deciding to Disclose (11/15/23)
The Decision to Disclose workshop focuses on how a person with a disability decides whether or not they should disclose their disability at different stages of the employment process. Attendees will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of disclosure. If a person decides to disclose, what should they reasonably be expected to share? During this one hour workshop, attendees will participate in guided exercises where they practice:
- weighing the advantages and disadvantages of disclosing,
- describing their disability-related limitations and not their diagnosis, and
- responding to specific situations in employment where they may need to decide whether to disclose their disability.
MOD does not discriminate on the basis of disability and is committed to providing accessible programs, meetings, and events. To request reasonable modification to participate in this program, please contact To request reasonable modification to participate in a training, please contact MOD General Counsel Julia O'Leary at email@example.com or 857-214-1081. Requests made after November 1, 2023 will be considered but may not be possible to fill.