- This page, CAP Workshop: Disability Discrimination in Employment (8/23/23), is offered by
- Massachusetts Office on Disability
CAP Workshop: Disability Discrimination in Employment (8/23/23)
Overview of CAP Workshop: Disability Discrimination in Employment (8/23/23)
The Disability Discrimination in Employment workshop focuses on recognizing workplace interactions that could be disability discrimination and discussing steps people can take to deter or address disability discrimination in the workplace. This one-and-a-half hour hour workshop will provide information and encourage participant discussion of hypothetical and real cases. Attendees will:
- learn how disability discrimination is defined in the employment context,
- practice distinguishing what types of workplace interactions may be discriminatory, using hypothetical and real examples,
- learn measures that may help prevent disability discrimination in the workplace, and
- learn ways to document work situations that may be discriminatory.
The technical guidance in this workshop is not legal advice and should not be considered legal advocacy.
MOD does not discriminate on the basis of disability and is committed to providing accessible programs, meetings, and events. To request reasonable modification to participate in this program, please contact Acting ADA Coordinator Camille Karabaich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-851-2300. Requests made after August 9, 2023 will be considered but may not be possible to fill.