- This page, CAP Workshop: Reasonable Accommodations in Employment (5/24/23), is offered by
- Massachusetts Office on Disability
CAP Workshop: Reasonable Accommodations in Employment (5/24/23)
Overview of CAP Workshop: Reasonable Accommodations in Employment (5/24/23)
The Reasonable Accommodations in Employment workshop focuses on the steps a person with a disability would take to request a reasonable accommodation. Attendees will discuss how to talk about the supports needed to perform their essential job functions instead of focusing on their disability. During this one-and-a-half hour workshop, attendees will participate in guided exercises where they:
- describe their functional limitations and not their disability,
- review a job description to practice identifying the essential functions of a job, and
- draft an outline of an accommodation request based on best practice.
MOD does not discriminate on the basis of disability and is committed to providing accessible programs, meetings, and events. To request reasonable modification to participate in this program, please contact MOD General Counsel and ADA Coordinator, Julia O’Leary, at Julia.E.OLeary@mass.gov or 617.727.7440 x27324. Requests made after May 10, 2023 will be considered but may not be possible to fill.