- Posted: July 2, 2021 12:55 p.m.
- Last Updated: July 2, 2021 1:23 p.m.
- This page, July 20, 2021 Lampson Brook Farm Community Meeting, is offered by
- Division of Conservation Services
Public Meeting Notice July 20, 2021 Lampson Brook Farm Community Meeting
Overview of July 20, 2021 Lampson Brook Farm Community Meeting
Belchertown Town Hall Auditorium
Come share your vision for the future of the Lampson Brook Farm!
- January 2021 legislation creates five sectors at the farm: a 44-acre community farm, 10-acre enterprise zone, 240-acre forested/recreational land, 120-acre commercial agricultural land, and the 16-acre Jepson House
- Provide input on what Lampson Brook Farm should look like in 10 years
- Learn about what uses will be allowed and what restrictions will be put in place to protect this community gem while bringing new opportunities to Belchertown
- Hear from Conservation Works, LLC about the process for developing a Land Management Plan and transferring ownership of the farm from the Commonwealth of Mass. to new owners – nonprofits, farmers, businesses
- The Board of Directors of Lampson Brook Farm will be present to answer your questions.
Light refreshments will be served
Pre-Meeting Farm Tour
July 20, 2021
4:00 pm – 5:30pm
- Meet at Lampson Brook Farm parking area (275 Jackson St.) next to historic yellow barns for a tour of the community farm and enterprise zone (old dairy farm); or
- Meet at Foley Field (off of Whitlock Way) for a tour of forested/recreational land.
For more information, contact Pete Westover at firstname.lastname@example.org or Elizabeth Wroblicka at email@example.com