MAB Meeting Notice and Agenda, 11/20/2017
Overview of MAB Meeting Notice and Agenda, 11/20/2017
Posted on 11/15/2017 at 3:30 p.m.
NOTICE OF MEETING
In accordance with the provisions of M.G.L. c. 30A, § 20, notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission’s Medical Advisory Board will be held on Monday, November 20, 2017, at 1:00pm, at 1000 Washington Street, Boston.
1. Roll call
2. Approval of minutes from January 12, 2017
3. Update on amateur boxing medical requirements
Six month variance from 523 CMR, section 6.02; brain CT/ MRI for all amateur combatants
USA Boxing New England request for variance from all medical requirements 523 CMR, section 6.02
5. Weight cutting
6. Performing pre-fight medical evaluations at weigh-in
7. Performing pre-fight medical evaluations for referees on fight night
8. Release of bodily fluids during match or in between rounds
Review current regulations
9. Ralph Johnson indefinite suspension
10. Application for ringside physician, Kenneth C. Sassower, M.D.
11. Matters not reasonably anticipated 48 hours in advance of meeting