Mass. APS Stakeholder Meeting
Overview of Mass. APS Stakeholder Meeting
Dear Massachusetts APS Stakeholder,
Following the Alternative Energy Portfolio Standard (APS) Stakeholder Information Sessions held earlier this month, the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) is releasing the following draft applications and reports for Eligible Liquid Biofuel for public comment. The documents are available on our website and include:
- Biofuel Aggregation Application
- Biofuel Suppliers List Application
- Quarterly Biofuel Report- Supplier
- Quarterly Biofuel Report- Aggregation
DOER will accept written public comments until 5:00pm on February 9, 2018. Written public comments can be sent to DOER.Thermal@state.ma.us. DOER will also hold a stakeholder session to discuss the documents on February 1st, 2018 at 2:00-4:00pm at 100 Cambridge Street, Conference Room A on 2nd floor.
Additionally, in order to ensure smooth transition of the program, Alternative Energy Certificates (AECs) generated in previous years must be reported for the final quarter of 2017. DOER has established the following deadlines for all Intermediate and Large Generation Units, including Eligible Liquid Biofuel Aggregations, seeking retroactive AECs from 2015 to 2017:
- March 16, 2018- Submission of Statement of Qualification Application
- March 16, 2018- Submission of Supplier Applications for Biomass or Biofuels
- March 30, 2018- Submission of quarterly reports for Biofuel Aggregation, Biofuel Supplier, and Biomass Generation Units
- April 6, 2018- Submission of quarterly report for Biomass Supplier
DOER encourages early submission of applications and reporting documentation.