This page, MCB Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting - Virtual, is offered by
MCB Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting - Virtual
Overview of MCB Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting - Virtual
Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting
Friday, March 12, 2021
12:00 to 2:00 pm ET
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 928 3057 2152
- Chair Opening
- Vote to accept the February 12th, 2021 Minutes
- Welcome to any members of the public attending the meeting
- Comments by Joe Abely and other SAB members regarding the budget
- Assuming consumer demand for SR services returns to pre-pandemic levels on July 1, 2021, are there sufficient budgeted resources in House 1 to adequately fulfill? If not, where are the deficits?
- Please describe significant variances by category of actual FY21 spending against the FY21 GAA
- Please disclose current rent and other direct costs included in FY21 GAA for 600 Washington, Springfield, Worcester and New Bedford.
- What is the status of approx.. $853,000 that was restored by the legislature to MCB budget after Governor’s veto?
- Are there any FTE positions that MCB is trying to fill? What is the FTE headcount today versus when the Commissioner was appointed?
- Update by Commissioner with particular focus on concern regarding next year’s budget and the impact of COVID-19 on staff and consumers.
- Detailed description of ways, not including identifying other groups that might be helpful, in which MCB staff will assist the blind make COVID-19 vaccination appointments
- Comments by the Commissioner and others regarding ease of use of the new phone system compared to the old one. Progress in listing MCB events on Newsline and other efforts to make consumers aware of upcoming events.
- Mental Health Counseling for MCB Consumers – update by John Oliveira and discussion lead by Amy Ruell.
- Report by Amy Ruell on recent NFB Resolution
- Update on if Springfield office will remain open
- Selection of June Meeting date.
- Other business
- The next two SAB Meetings will be held at noon on April 9th and May 14th.