MCB Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting - Virtual
Overview of MCB Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting - Virtual
Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting
Friday, November 12, 2021
12:00 to 2:00 pm ET
This meeting is being recorded. The recording made by MCB is a public record and will be posted in the near future on MCB’s YouTube Channel.
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 898 3114 8160
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kclpX1rlfw
If you would like to request an ADA accommodation, please contact MCB ADA Coordinator Kamilia Drogosz at 617-279-3332 or email@example.com. Every effort will be made to provide a reasonable accommodation.
Visit our website to learn more about the SAB: https://www.mass.gov/orgs/mcb-statutory-advisory-board
- This meeting is being held via Zoom due to pandemic precautions under the Governor’s executive order granting such virtual meetings.
- Confirmation that MCB record SAB meetings, allow for local recordings and make recordings available to the public and that procedure be agreed upon whereby consumers may obtain a recording of the meeting.
- Vote to accept the October 8, 2021 minutes
- Welcome to any members of the public attending the meeting:
- Update from CFO on MCB financial results FY22 through October.
- MCB review of FY22 thorough October “Dashboards” for tracking MCB performance.
- Review by Loran Lang on what financial and other information can or cannot be shared with the SAB (both in or out of Executive Session).
- Commissioner Update:
- Number of consumers served and dollars expended from the $850,000 included in the FY22 Final Budget in account 4110-1000 to maximize the independent living skills of legally blind residents of the commonwealth through rehabilitation and the provision of accessible devices, assistive software and equipment and supportive technology training and services by qualified private providers in community, residential, virtual and facility-based settings
- Update on the private business endeavor discussed at last meeting and how it relates to the RSA MOU with NIB
- Description of projects to be funded by the $1.3M RSA reallotment funds and their current status.
- Update on supplementing consumer services, including client meetings, holding and disbursement of inventory and staff space after the shutdown of the Worcester and New Bedford Offices.
- Status of the disbursement of current year Blindness Certificates
- Current FY spending against the GAA.
- Are all consumers requesting services receiving them?
- Progress in addressing issues surrounding difficulty in consumers registering with the commission and reaching counselors by phone
- Update on safety protocols for MCB employees going to consumers’ homes
- Description of measurable outcomes from the “What’s You Vision” Campaign.
- New Business
- Questions from the public