MCB Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting - Virtual
Overview of MCB Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting - Virtual
Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting
12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET
This meeting is being recorded. The recording made by MCB is a public record and will be posted in the near future on MCB’s YouTube Channel.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 824 8292 5467
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kAnmnn8Ph
If you would like to request an ADA accommodation, please contact MCB ADA Coordinator Kamilia Drogosz at 617-279-3332 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Every effort will be made to provide a reasonable accommodation.
Visit our website to learn more about the SAB: https://www.mass.gov/orgs/mcb-statutory-advisory-board
- This meeting is being held via Zoom due to pandemic precautions under the Governor’s executive order granting such virtual meetings.
- Confirmation that MCB record SAB meetings, allow for local recordings and make recordings available to the public and that procedure be agreed upon whereby consumers may obtain a recording of the meeting.
- Vote to accept the December 6, 2021 minutes
- Welcome to any members of the public attending the meeting:
- MCB review of FY22 thorough December “Dashboards” for tracking MCB performance.
- Commissioner Update:
- Update on areas of discussion at SAB meetings:
- Services provided under the $850,000 Earmark:
- Spending and referrals to date.
- Identification of any impediments to making referrals:
- new fiscal system deployment at MCB;
- registration issues;
- phone system challenges;
- please advise the SAB on informing consumers about earmark funding and opportunities
- Financials and performance dashboards.
- Progress on the private business endeavor.
- Discuss recent event with consumers which included the NIB
- What are MCB’s FTE’s relative to those contemplated in the Final Budget and if they are sufficient to provide the services budgeted for in the Final Budget.
- Please address by account
- Other items of note.
- Specific areas where the SAB can be of assistance in helping MCB achieve its specific goals and objectives of MCB for 2022.
- New Business
- Questions from the public