MCB Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting - Virtual
Overview of MCB Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting - Virtual
Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting
12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET
This meeting is being recorded. The recording made by MCB is a public record and will be posted in the near future on MCB’s YouTube Channel.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 824 8292 5467
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kAnmnn8Ph
If you need a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request at least two weeks in advance to William Herbert, MCB ADA Coordinator, at William.L.Herbert@mass.gov or by phone at 857-283-9696. Requests made less than two weeks before the meeting will be considered but may not be possible to fill. Please inform the ADA Coordinator if you will need American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters and/or Communication Access Real Time Transcription (CART) services.
Visit our website to learn more about the SAB: https://www.mass.gov/orgs/mcb-statutory-advisory-board
- Opening By SAB Chair
- Notification and Confirmation: This meeting is being held via Zoom under the Governor’s executive order granting authority for such virtual meetings.
- Confirmation that MCB records SAB meetings, allows for local recordings and makes such recordings available to the public.
- Welcome to members of the public attending the meeting and instruction about Q&A period.
- Vote to accept minutes of the previous (May 6th) SAB meeting.
- Commissioner Update:
- Plans for FY23, particularly staffing, in light of current Senate Ways & Means Budget.
- Status of the 2022 reallotment fund RFR Process and Project concepts.
- Description of RFR’s issued during 2022 to be funded by state funds
- Current FY spending against the GAA
- Program Updates:
- Dashboard on Registrations, Process, and Outcomes.
- Update on staffing changes and levels
- Ongoing Discussions:
- Status of effort to automate notification of blindness to assessors for tax exemptions
- Status on rewrite of reform of organization.
- Update on phone system procurement
- Update on PPE available to MCB staff
- New Business
- Questions from the public