- This page, Recovery and Resiliency with Real Students, is offered by
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health
Recovery and Resiliency with Real Students
Overview of Recovery and Resiliency with Real Students
Please join SAMHSA to hear student testimony and learn how commitment, collaboration, and compassion, work together to make recovery possible with welcoming remarks from SAMHSA’s Office of the Assistant Secretary, Office of Recovery.
SAMHSA would like to highlight the successes of recovery high schools in MA while addressing the barriers communities sometimes face during implementation and emphasizing the importance of cross sector collaboration. This is also an opportunity to share those best practices with neighboring states and community leaders.
- Taylor Bryan Turner, Assistant Regional Administrator, SAMHSA, Region 1
- Dona Dmitrovic, Senior Advisor for the Office of Recovery, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Mental Health and Substance Use
- Roger Oser, William J. Ostiguy High School, Principal and National Committee Chair for Recovery High Schools
- Brian Jenney, Bureau of Substance Addiction Services (BSAS), Office of Youth and Young Adult Services
- Samantha Graham, Substance Use Prevention & Intervention Specialist Office of Student and Family, Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
- Sara Becker, Ph.D., Director, New England Addiction Technology Transfer Center; Associate Professor, Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences, Brown University School of Public Health
Special Guest and Closing Remarks:
- Deirdre Calvert, Director, Massachusetts Bureau of Substance Addiction Services
- Scott Gagnon, Director, New England Prevention Technology Transfer Center; Associate Executive Director, AdCare Educational Institute of Maine, Inc.