- This page, Winter-Related Procurement (Webinar), is offered by
- Office of the Inspector General
Winter-Related Procurement (Webinar)
Contact for Winter-Related Procurement (Webinar)
Office of the Inspector General - MCPPO program
Overview of Winter-Related Procurement (Webinar)
This 90-minute webinar will discuss how best to obtain supplies and services to handle whatever challenges winter brings.
We all know that winter in New England brings with it numerous challenges for local officials. There’s a word that sends a chill down the spines of many public works and procurement staff – SNOW.
To address some of the questions and concerns that come up every year about winter-related procurement and contracting, we are holding a 90-minute webinar entitled Winter-Related Procurement.
This webinar will address Chapter 30B compliance issues, snow plowing vs. snow hauling, exceptions for the purchase of snow-related supplies, emergency rules, municipal finance issues and contracting best practices. Our staff will also be available to answer your questions.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Online - MCPPO Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
- Credits: 1.5
Class registration closes 1 week before a class starts.
Blackboard login details will be emailed to registrants.
August 24, 2022
2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Exemptions and best practices
- Plow vs. haul vs. treatment (salt and sand)
- Snow removal – roofs, walkways, etc.
- 25% rule exception
- Cooperative and collaborative contracts
- Snow plow best practices – insurance, drivers licenses, vehicle use, oversight
- DOR snow-related budget exclusions
- Prevailing wage