You will need:
Please visit the honey bee colony health inspections during COVID-19 bulletin for more information.
The Department will resume routine colony health inspections for hobbyists and sideliners starting the week of August 3, 2020. The Department understands the value of these inspections for beekeepers, but must continue to minimize the risk that COVID-19 poses, so inspections must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Beekeepers must confirm that they are currently asymptomatic or have not tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the inspection date.
- Inspections are preferred as those without beekeepers present in the apiary.
- If present during the inspection, beekeepers must wear masks and practice social distancing of at least 6ft during the inspection. Inspections will not be performed if beekeepers are not wearing masks or practicing social distancing.
- Inspections will only occur outdoors. Inspectors cannot enter dwellings to gain access to an apiary to perform inspections.
- Inspections will not occur in gatherings of 10 or more people.