Draft Tenth Edition (Unofficial)
Members of the Board of Building Regulations & Standards (BBRS) have voted that the next edition of the Massachusetts building code will be based on modified versions of the following 2021 International Codes.
· International Building Code (IBC)
· International Residential Code (IRC)
· International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
· International Existing Buildings Code (IEBC)
· International Mechanical Code (IMC)
· International Swimming Pool & Spa Code (ISPSC) and
· Portions of the International Fire Code
The posted draft amendments are to be read in conjunction with the 2021 international codes, which can be found at the links here:
The Department of Energy Resources (DOER) has a parallel code update process to update the existing Stretch Energy Code and develop a new Specialized Opt-in Energy Code. More information about these proposals and a recorded webinar on these stretch energy codes can be found on the DOER webpage here.
Please be aware that posted chapters are copyrighted material by the ICC and may not be downloaded, printed and\or reproduced in any manner. They are posted here for convenience purposes only.