Apply for a Bonus on behalf of a Deceased Veteran
Contact for Apply for a Bonus on behalf of a Deceased Veteran
Veterans' Bonus Division Contact
The Details of Apply for a Bonus on behalf of a Deceased Veteran
What you need for Apply for a Bonus on behalf of a Deceased Veteran
To apply for the Massachusetts Veterans’ bonus for a deceased servicemember, the active service must have fallen between one of the specified war time service dates.
All applicants will need:
- A completed Veterans' Bonus Deceased Application
- The Veteran's DD214 or DD1300
- The Veteran's Death Certificate
- Proof of the Veteran's Massachusetts Residency
- The veteran must have been 6 months domicile in Massachusetts immediately prior to entry into the Armed Forces or prior to activation for Reserve and National Guard personnel.
Please note: Active service shall not include active duty for training in the Army National Guard, Air National Guard, or reserves.
Payments are paid to the heirs-at-law, below is the order of precedence for payment(s).
Note: If there is more than one heir-at-law, payments can be made in portions as the State Treasurer determined using the same below order of precedence for payments.
1. Spouse and children
2. Mother or father
3. Brother or sister
4. Other dependents
How to apply Apply for a Bonus on behalf of a Deceased Veteran
- Verify Veteran did not previously receive bonus
- Call 617-367-9333 Ext. 859 or Submit an Inquiry
- Complete and sign a Veterans' Bonus Deceased Application
- Provide documentation showing veteran lived in Massachusetts prior to entering the military
- DD214 (showing honorable service) or DD1300 if died while on active service
- Death Certificate
- Mail or email application package to the address on the application
Note: Additional relationship or heir-at-law documentation maybe requested if not listed on required documentation.
Mail the application and required documents to:
Veterans' Bonus Division
1 Ashburton Place, 12th Floor
Boston, MA 02108
If you have any questions about your application, please email email@example.com.
or call us at 617-367-9333 Ext 859
More info for Apply for a Bonus on behalf of a Deceased Veteran
Welcome Home Bonus Payment Amounts
|1st time active service in Iraq, Afghanistan or other DoD designated imminent danger location (one time)||$1,000|
|1st time 6 continuous months active service within Continental United States (CONUS) or outside the continental U.S (OCONUS) other than Iraq, Afghanistan or other DoD designated imminent danger location (one time)||$500|
|Note: The law allows eligible individuals to receive only one initial $500 bonus for CONUS or OCONUS service|
|If died while on active service, in addition to unpaid eligible bonuses.||$1,000|
|Subsequent Multiple Deployment Bonuses|
|Subsequent deployment in Iraq, Afghanistan or other DoD designated imminent danger location||$500|
|Subsequent 6 continuous months CONUS or OCONUS deployment in direct support of Operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Noble Eagle, Inherent Resolve, Freedom's Sentinel or any successor or related operation||$250|