Log in links for this page
- This page, Apply for a crossbow permit, is offered by
- Division of Fisheries and Wildlife
Apply for a crossbow permit
The Details of Apply for a crossbow permit
What you need for Apply for a crossbow permit
You will need:
- A hunting/sporting license.
- A MassFishHunt profile.
- Written certification from a physician. The physician must explain how the permanent disability affects your ability to operate a conventional bow.
How to apply Apply for a crossbow permit
Download crossbow permit application. Once completed by you and your physician, mail it to:
Crossbow Permit Application
MassWildlife Field Headquarters
1 Rabbit Hill Rd
Westborough, MA 01581
Next steps for Apply for a crossbow permit
- You will NOT receive notification or a hard copy of your crossbow permit.
- Please allow 10 business days after submitting your application for mail delivery and processing.
- To check your application status:
- Log into MassFishHunt
- Go to My Account
- Select Active Licenses, Permits & Privileges
- Select Print Active Licenses
If your Crossbow Permit has been processed and approved, your hunting or sporting license will read Crossbow Permit.
More info for Apply for a crossbow permit
The crossbow status will be valid for the lifetime of the applicant. Once you get the permit, you can never use a conventional bow and arrow to hunt in Massachusetts again.
The application is subject to a review by a medical review board. This would be at the expense of the applicant.