More about:

Apply for a Special Use Permit

Apply for a FBA "Special Use Permit".

Office of Fishing and Boating Access - Ayer Office

The Details

What you need

A FBA "Special Use Permit" is required for any organized events that take place at any OFBA facility. This includes, but is not limited to, events such as fishing tournaments, canoe and kayak races, sailing events, boat parades, ice fishing events, etc.

If you plan to use the parking area and/or the boat ramp for your event, you need a permit regardless of the size of the event. Parking is limited to 50% of the available parking for the months of July and August, and 75% for the rest of the year.

How to apply

Please submit this application form online to apply for a Special Use Permit.

You may print and complete the application and mail it to the following address:

Fishing and Boating Access

53 Groton Shirley Road

Ayer, MA 01432




53 Groton Shirley Road, Ayer, MA 01432
(9780 772-9824


Tell us what you think