Enroll in VIP as an organization
Contact for Enroll in VIP as an organization
Registry of Vital Records and Statistics - V.I.P. Project Team
The Details of Enroll in VIP as an organization
What you need for Enroll in VIP as an organization
The enrollment process requires funeral homes, crematories, medical facilities, boards of health, and city/town clerks offices to have a signatory sign several agreements and fill out one electronic document in order to use the new VIP Deaths Module.
A signatory for the organization must:
- Sign a Virtual Gateway Services Agreement (DOC)
- Identify the Access Administrators by filling out then signing an Access Administrator Designation Form (DOC)
- Sign a VIP User Confidentiality Form (DOC)
- Mail the original signed copies to the RVRS
- The signatory or another Access Administrator will then submit a VIP User Request Form by email. List all users including those for data entry.
If your organization has multiple locations that are all run under the umbrella of the main organization you will need to fill out a Sub Organization Form listing the primary location and all sub-organizations/locations. A separate User Request Form will need to be submitted for each location to specify which users have access to each individual location. Each individual user will need to fill out and sign a VIP User Confidentiality Form (DOC).
How to enroll Enroll in VIP as an organization
Download and completed the required documents:
- Virtual Gateway Services Agreement (VGSA)
- Access Administrator Designation Form (AA)
- VIP User Confidentiality Form (UA)
- VIP User Request Form (URF) (please email this form as a saved excel document as this document is required by email only)
- Sub-Organization Form
We require that you print out, sign, and mail the first 3 agreements. Once thoroughly reviewed and signed, mail the signed forms to the following address.
Registry of Vital Records and Statistics
ATTN: VIP Enrollment Team
150 Mt. Vernon St.
Dorchester, MA 02125-3105
If you have any questions, please contact the VIP project team via email: VIP-Accounts@state.ma.us
More info about Enroll in VIP as an organization
Just a reminder: the information collected through the VIP system is highly sensitive; therefore, it is imperative for the appropriate users to sign the legal agreements in order to gain access to the VIP system. User accounts will be created for each user name provided to access the VIP system, once the Registry has received all the signed agreements. User account processing takes up to 10 business days.
A brief purpose of each agreement follows:
- The Virtual Gateway Services Agreement (VGSA) defines the terms that apply to the organization’s access to the Virtual Gateway services. The signatory level authority at your organization should read and sign the Services Agreement.
- The VIP User Confidentiality Form (AA) identifies the access administrator as well as the backup access administrator(s). This agreement describes the responsibilities of the access administrator role such as submitting requests for user account creation, submitting requests for user deactivation, and reporting suspected fraud of the VIP system. Our recommendation for the Access Administrator is someone who is in a supervisory role within your organization. This agreement will need to be reviewed and signed by the signatory level authority as well as the named access administrators. This form requires a minimum of 3 signatures and a maximum of 5 signatures depending on the number of Access Administrators listed. This form is the most commonly rejected form due to missing signatures so please review carefully prior to submission.
- The VIP User Confidentiality Form (UA) describes the terms and conditions for use of the VIP system. Each user will identify their functional role and agree to the terms and conditions stated on this agreement. Each individual associated with the VIP system will be required to read and sign the agreement including the access administrators.
- The VIP User Request Form (URF) will need to be completed electronically by the access administrator with the details of each user of the VIP system in your organization and this form should be provided via email. This information is required to generate the VIP and VG user accounts. This form will be used in the future when submitting a new request for a VIP user account. If you are a Funeral Home please include the license number and license type of each funeral director you enroll in the email.
- The Sub Organization Form (Sub-Org) is completed electronically and is used to identify other locations that fall under the umbrella of the parent organization. You will list the Primary/Parent Organization/Location first followed by each Sub/Child Organization/Location. In order to add users to each location a separate User Request Form must be filled out and submitted for each individual location. The Access Administrators listed for the Primary/Parent location will be able to administrate all listed Sub-Organizations. If you wish to treat your other locations as completely separate entities you should skip filling out the Sub-Organization Form and fill out forms 1 - 4 for each individual location.
- VGSA – Creates the organization level of the account
- AA – Designates the administrators of the organization
- URF – Submitted by an Access Administrator to create users level accounts for the organization
- UA – Confidentiality agreement signed by users to prevent abuse of the system
- Sub-Org – Creates organizational level accounts for any locations controlled by the primary organization