More about:

Get a Senior ParksPass

If you're aged 62 or older, you're eligible for a discounted lifetime parking pass. This pass covers the cost of parking at most state parks.

Department of Conservation and Recreation


Main Office (617) 626-1250

Open M-F 9am-5pm

The Details

What you need

Before you apply, it's best to have the following:

  • Driver's license

  • Proof of residency


Name Fee Unit
Senior ParksPass $10 each

How to get

You can buy a DCR ParksPass at most parks and beaches that charge for parking.

  • Visit a contact station when parking fees are being collected.
  • Bring proof of age and residency, such as a driver's license.

You can pay by cash or check at most facilities. 

If you’re eligible for a Senior ParksPass, you can order it by mail.

Send a request for a Senior Parks Pass to one of our Regional offices:

Central Regional Office
355 West Boylston Street, Route 110
Clinton, MA 01510
Attention: Senior Pass

South Regional Office
194 Cranberry Road
P.O. Box 66
South Carver, MA 02366
Attention: Senior Pass

North Regional Office
25 Shattuck Street
Lowell, MA 01852
Attention: Senior Pass

West Regional Office
740 South Street, P.O. Box 1433
Pittsfield, MA 01202
Attention: Senior Pass


  • A copy of your Massachusetts driver’s license or other official proof of state residency and age.
  • A check for $10 made out to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. 

More info

Some libraries and recreation centers allow you to borrow a ParksPass free of charge. Contact a participating facility to learn more.

The Senior ParksPass is not valid at Quabbin Reservoir.


Main Office
251 Causeway Street, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02114
Main Office (617) 626-1250

Open M-F 9am-5pm


Tell us what you think