- This page, Hawker and Peddler Application, is offered by
- Division of Standards
Hawker and Peddler Application
Division of Standards
The Details of Hawker and Peddler Application
What you need for Hawker and Peddler Application
THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION - NOT FOR A GROUP OR BUSINESS.
Requirements for the Hawker Peddler License:
- Start online application.
- Print out Certificate of Character to get signed by your local Chief of Police (The Certificate of Character can only be printed out from the attach documents page within the online application. Once the Chief of Police signs it, then you upload it to your online application).
- there may be other requirements that need to be fulfilled depending on the town or police department.
Other requirements, depending on the type of anticipated goods to be sold:
Any food selling requires a Health Certificate obtained from the local Board of Health, where you intend to sell your goods. Also a Sales Tax Registration Number must be obtained from the Department of Revenue located at the Saltonstall Building, 100 Cambridge St., Boston, MA.
Fish or Shellfish Sales:
In addition to the Hawkers and Peddlers License, a Retail Detailers Permit as required by Chapter 130 of Mass General Laws, must be obtained from the Division of Marine Fisheries located at the Saltonstall Building, Room 1901, 100 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA.
Local Rules and Regulations:
All licenses issued are subject to local rules and regulations. Applicants are advised to check with the local Police Departments concerning local rules, regulations and other restrictions prior to filing your application. Fees are non refundable.
Any person under the age of 16 must obtain a work permit from the school district prior to licensing.
The license is valid for 1 year from the date of issue
RENEWALS: You will need to go through the full application process annually.
Fees for Hawker and Peddler Application
- $62 per regular application/renewal.
- All fees are non-refundable
|Hawker and Peddler
|Per individual application each year.
How to apply Hawker and Peddler Application
Only money orders or checks (personal, business or bank check) are accepted. Make checks payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Cash is not accepted.
Mail Application and Payment to:
Division of Standards
1000 Washington Street, Suite 510
Boston, MA 02118
Same day registration does not guarantee same day review and approval.
Contact for Hawker and Peddler Application
Open M-F 9AM-4:30PM