How to file a claim

You can file a claim for damage caused by a roadway defect.

MassDOT Pothole Hotline

MassDOT - Claims Department

The Details of How to file a claim

What you need for How to file a claim

Your notice must be written (not emailed) showing:

  • A defect on a state highway caused your injury
  • Your name and address
  • The date, time, location, and cause of the injury (please be specific for the location, i.e. route/street, direction of travel, exit numbers, points of interest)
  • Given to us, in most cases, within 30 days of the incident
  • Signed by you or by someone on your behalf

How to apply How to file a claim

Send your notice to:

10 Park Plaza
Boston, MA 02116
ATTN.: Claims Department- Room 3740

Contact for How to file a claim

10 Park Plaza, Claims Department- Room 3740, Boston, MA 02116

Help Us Improve with your feedback