- This page, MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing, is offered by
- Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources
MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing
Contact for MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing
MA Hemp Program
The Details of MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing
What you need for MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing
The deadline to apply for a hemp license is April 30.
Any person proposing to plant, grow, harvest, or process Industrial Hemp in Massachusetts must obtain a license issued by the Department of Agricultural Resources.
To submit an Industrial Hemp License application, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Review the Hemp Production Regulation (330 CMR 32.00) and the 2022 Hemp Processor Policy to understand the program requirements, risks and additional considerations.
- Review the United States Department of Agriculture Final Rule for U.S. Domestic Hemp Production
- Download, complete, and sign the appropriate application form. There are three types, see below.
- Provide a map for each growing and/or processing site. See instructions in Downloads section of this page.
- If you are applying for a Producer or Dual License, provide a criminal history report for each Individual Applicant and/or Key Participant current to within 60 days of your application submission. Criminal history reports may be obtained via this page from the Federal Bureau of Investigations and should be included with your application: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks. Processor-only applicants are not required to submit a criminal history report. For more information on obtaining your criminal history report, please see the guidance document in Downloads section of this page.
- Submit a $100 application fee by check or money order, payable to "Commonwealth of Massachusetts."
Table 1. Hemp License Applications and Associated Fees
How to apply MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing
Between 12/1 - 4/30, you can send your application along with the $100 non-refundable application fee to:
MDAR Hemp Program
225 Turnpike Road; Room 302
Southborough, MA 01772
In-person application or fee submissions will not be accepted.