MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing
Contact for MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing
Industrial Hemp Program
The Details of MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing
What you need for MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing
Any person proposing to plant, grow, harvest, or process Industrial Hemp in Massachusetts must obtain a license issued by the Department of Agricultural Resources.
To complete an Industrial Hemp License application, you will need to
- Read the MA Commercial Industrial Hemp Program Policy and understand the program requirements, risks and additional considerations.
- Review the United States Department of Agriculture Interim Final Rule for U.S. Domestic Hemp Production
- Download, complete, and sign the appropriate application form. There are three types, see below.
- Provide a map for each growing and/or processing site. See instructions in Downloads section of this page.
- Provide a criminal history report for each Individual Applicant and/or Key Participant current to within 60 days of your application submission. Criminal history reports may be obtained via the Federal Bureau of Investigations and should be included with your application: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks.
- Submit a $100 application fee by check or money order payable to "Commonwealth of Massachusetts."
Fees for MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing
How to apply MA Industrial Hemp Program Licensing
Send your application along with the $100 non-refundable application fee to:
Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources Hemp Program
251 Causeway Street; Suite 500
Boston, MA 02114
Attn: Sarah Grubin
In-person application or fee submissions will not be accepted.