Log in links for this page
- This page, Purchase an Environmental License Plate , is offered by
- Massachusetts Environmental Trust
Purchase an Environmental License Plate
Contact for Purchase an Environmental License Plate
Contact Massachusetts Environmental Trust
The Details of Purchase an Environmental License Plate
What you need for Purchase an Environmental License Plate
- Your new specialty plate, registration, and decal will be mailed to you, so be sure to update your address on file before purchasing the plate.
- If your registration is expiring this current month, and it is past the 15th, then you can't purchase the plate online.
- Company-owned (commercial) and company-leased vehicles cannot order a specialty plate. However, if you are leasing a vehicle, you can ask the dealer for an environmental plate
Fees for Purchase an Environmental License Plate
|RMV registration fee:||$60|
|The special plate fee is:||$40 (tax-deductible contribution)|
|Total first time fee:||$100|
|Renewal fee every 2 years||$100|
|Plate swap fee:||$20|
How to buy Purchase an Environmental License Plate
- Visit MyRMV to order your specialty plate online through the MASS RMV - There are no shipping fees when ordering online
- Choose ORDER A SPECIAL/VANITY PLATE
- Fill out the required form on the RMV site
- Select the vehicle you want the plate for and press next
- From the Vehicle Registration Plate Order page scroll down to the next button
- Choose Charitable Plate from dropdown menu
- Choose Blackstone Valley, Fish & Wildlife or Right Whale plate from the dropdown menu
- Go through the motions and pay. Your new plates, registration, and decal will be mailed to you within 10 business days
You can also visit any Mass full service RMV. Before you go contact your car insurance provider and ask them to send you a signed RMV-3 Form for a plate swap. As long as your registration is in good standing, you will leave with new with plates in hand!
Next steps for Purchase an Environmental License Plate
You will be notified by mail when your plates have been shipped to the RMV Service Center listed on your application. Bring your registration and current plates (if applicable) to the RMV Service Center at that time. There is a $20 plate swap fee plus any applicable registration fees due at the time of plate pick-up. These fees will depend on your current plate number and expiration year. The old license plates can be returned the RMV or destroyed. If you qualify to order the plates online, the plates are mailed to your home, you do not need to go to the registry.