Log in links for this page
- This page, Purchase an Environmental License Plate , is offered by
- Massachusetts Environmental Trust
Purchase an Environmental License Plate
Contact Massachusetts Environmental Trust
The Details of Purchase an Environmental License Plate
What you need for Purchase an Environmental License Plate
- Your new specialty plate, registration, and decal will be mailed to you, so be sure to update your address on file before purchasing the plate.
- If your registration is expiring this current month, and it is past the 15th, then you can't purchase the plate online.
- Company-owned (commercial) and company-leased vehicles cannot order a specialty plate. However, if you are leasing a vehicle, you can ask the dealer for an environmental plate.
Fees for Purchase an Environmental License Plate
|RMV registration fee:||$60|
|The special plate fee is:||$40 (tax-deductible contribution)|
|Total first time fee:||$100|
|Renewal fee every 2 years||$100|
|Plate swap fee:||$20|
How to change Purchase an Environmental License Plate
Next steps for Purchase an Environmental License Plate
There is a $20 plate swap fee plus any applicable registration fees due at the time of plate pick-up. These fees will depend on your current plate number and expiration year. The old license plates can be returned the RMV or destroyed.
If you order the plates online, the plates are mailed to your home in 10 business days or less. You do not need to go to the registry.
It is now easier than it ever has been to get MET license plates!