- This page, Report your black bear harvest, is offered by
- Division of Fisheries and Wildlife
Report your black bear harvest
Contact for Report your black bear harvest
The Details of Report your black bear harvest
What you need for Report your black bear harvest
Upon harvesting a black bear, you must immediately fill out and attach the paper tag from your permit the carcass. Your game must remain intact (other than field dressing), with the harvest tag attached, until it is reported and prepared for food or taxidermy purposes. Until you have reported the bear, some portion of the carcass must be visible while transporting it.
How to report Report your black bear harvest
Follow the directions below to report a deer, bear, or turkey harvest without logging into MassFishHunt.
1. Go to MassFishHunt.mass.gov.
2. Select Report a Harvest from the top menu.
If you’re using a mobile device, click the 3 bars in the upper left of your screen to see the menu.
3. Enter your customer ID and date of birth, then click Search.
4. Your available tags will now be visible. Click the drop-down arrow next to the tag you are reporting on. Then click Report a harvest.
5. You will have to answer a series of questions. To answer some of the questions, you will need to examine the animal. When finished, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
6. A message containing your confirmation number will appear after you submit your report.
IMPORTANT: You must write this number on the harvest tag (which should still be attached to the harvested animal), where it shall remain until the animal is processed for food or taxidermy.
More info for Report your black bear harvest
Once you submit your report, you can't edit any information. If you made an error, contact MassWildlife during business hours at (508) 389-6300. Business hours are 8 a.m.–4 p.m. Monday–Friday. Outside of these hours you will need to contact the Environmental Police at (800) 632-8075.