Contact for Schedule a cold weather quarantine inspection
The Details of Schedule a cold weather quarantine inspection
What you need for Schedule a cold weather quarantine inspection
Before you call:
- Check the Quabbin Boat Seal Cold Weather Quarantine Schedule for the current season.
- Have your boat registration information ready.
How to schedule Schedule a cold weather quarantine inspection
- Call the Quabbin Visitors Center at (413) 323-7221 to schedule your appointment beginning October 1st.
- CWQs are done by appointment only in November and December.
- Inspections take place at the DCR Field Office in New Salem and the Quabbin Office in Belchertown.
More info for Schedule a cold weather quarantine inspection
The CWQ program is a visual inspection of your boat and trailer done in the winter. Once your equipment passes inspection, your boat will be sealed to the trailer with a Quabbin Boat Seal.
Things to know before you arrive for your inspection:
- Clean all surfaces of the:
- Live wells
- Remove all:
- Other material that may hinder the inspection of the trailer and boat.
- Dry the interior of the bilge and live wells with a sponge or rag to remove all water.
- During inspection, the motor must be able to be lifted to full up position either by hand or battery.