Contact for Submit construction products for use on MassDOT projects
Materials Management QA Program Engineer
The Details of Submit construction products for use on MassDOT projects
What you need for Submit construction products for use on MassDOT projects
- Product name
- Supplier name and address
- Contact person (name and phone number)
- Manufacturer name (when different than supplier name)
- Address(es) of actual manufacturing location(s) which will supply MassDOT Highway Division
- Applicable MassDOT Highway Division specification number
- Product data sheet
- Material Safety Data Sheet
- Product Label (if used)
- Supporting test data from an independent lab relevant to MassDOT Highway Division specifications and test methods. (See additional requirements)
- Approvals for use by other states.
How to submit Submit construction products for use on MassDOT projects
For QCML Products:
Submit completed application for QCML products with supporting data to:
For Non-QCML Products:
Submit completed application for non-QCML products with supporting data to:
More info for Submit construction products for use on MassDOT projects
Approved products will remain on the approved list for the duration identified on that list unless one of the following occurs:
- If the product’s technology, physical composition, and/or chemical makeup changes from what was originally approved by the Department without notifying MassDOT Research & Materials beforehand.
- If MassDOT determines that the product no longer meets the minimum requirements of the specification based on material testing or performance evaluation.
If a product changes, the manufacturer shall provide MassDOT with updates to the required documentation listed above under “What you need.”
The following product categories must have final results from National Transportation Product Evaluation Program (NTPEP) before submittal:
- Asphalt Release Agents (ARA)
- Concrete Admixtures (CADD)
- Concrete Sealers (CCS)
- Corrugated High Density Polyethylene Pipe (HDPE)
- Elastomeric Bridge Bearing Pads (EBB)
- Geotextile and Geosynthetics (GTX)
- Guardrail/Guiderail (GRL)
- Rapid Set Concrete Patch Materials (RSCP)
- Reinforcing Steel/Welded Wire Reinforcement (REBAR/WWR)
- Warm Mix Asphalt Technologies (WMA)
Structural Steel Paint for New or Bare Existing Steel Bridges and Structural Steel Maintenance Overcoat Paint for Previously Painted Existing Steel Bridges should be submitted to the North East Protective Coating Committee and the National Transportation Product Evaluation Program for testing and evaluation.
It is our policy to not re-evaluate products that been found to be not in compliance with specification requirements. We may reconsider product re-evaluation if changes are made which bring it into compliance. Such changes must be documented.
This documentation must include the following:
- A brief statement describing what changes were made to the product.
- Actual test results confirming that the modified product is in compliance with specification requirements.
These documents must be signed by a person who will legally bind the company indicated by a statement or title of their position in the company.