SW 36, 37: Landfill Post-Closure Use Permit
MassDEP Regional Solid Waste Section Chiefs
How to apply
File online via the ePlace Portal. See details below.
Schedule a pre-application meeting with the appropriate MassDEP Regional Office before you proceed. This will clarify the process for you and acquaint agency staff with your project.
MassDEP needs to ensure that you can safely establish and operate the passive recreation, renewable energy, or other facility you are proposing - without damaging the landfill cover or liner system, or harming people or the environment.
See the documents below for:
- Guidance on how to prepare your application, including a completeness checklist. I
- Important Note: Even when applying online, you will still need to complete a conventional Application Form and upload it as an attachment during the online filing process.
- ePlace Portal screen-by-screen online filing instructions.
You may fill out and save the Microsoft Word form on your computer. The PDF version has to be printed out and completed by hand.
Important Note: Even when applying online, you will still need to complete a conventional Application Form and upload it as an attachment during the online filing process.
The amount will vary, depending on the size and complexity of the proposed project.
- File online via the ePlace Portal.
Note: If you are a first-time user, you will need to create an account first.
See the ePlace account setup instructions, Quick Guides, FAQs and Comprehensive User Manual below.
- When prompted, upload your completed Application Form from Step 3 above as an attachment.
- Pay your fee online with a credit card and submit your application, or you may mail your fee payment to:
Department of Environmental Protection
P. O. Box 4062
Boston, MA 02211
OnlineMassDEP Regional OfficesCentral Region: Jim McQuade, 508-767-2759Northeast Region: Mark Fairbrother, 978-694-3298Southest Region: Mark Dakers, 508-946-2847Western Region: Dan Hall, 413-755-2212