Log in links for this page

Indigency (waiver of court fees)

If you cannot pay for court fees and costs, you may be able to have the state pay for them.

Find out if you are eligible to have court fees and costs waived, and learn how to apply.

The "File for Indigency Online" program will help you fill out the Affidavit of Indigency form by asking you a series of questions in plain language. Once you’ve answered all the questions, the program will generate a completed form for you to review that you can then file with the proper court, either electronically or in person.

Help Us Improve Mass.gov  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.