Additional BMPs are currently in development – check back soon for new additions to this list
Making the Best of the Best Management Practices
- Become familiar with the BMPs.
- Identify specific resources in the park, complex or district for which BMPs apply.
- Keep the BMP “book” on hand at the Complex Headquarters and at any staff offices for specific facilities.
- Print specific BMPs and add to seasonal work plans, binders or other tools used to scope out work during seasonal transitions. For example, the Mothballing Historic Buildings BMP could be used as a winter preparation checklist for vacant buildings.
- Make Best Management Practices available to any DCR staff, partners, leaseholders, vendors or other stakeholders.
- Include discussion of BMPs in annual work planning, staff training, partnership development and other activities.
- Attend trainings offered by the agency that apply to natural, cultural and recreational resources.