Employment Options, Inc. 82 Brigham Street Marlborough, MA 01752
- Family Initiatives at Employment Options offers a continuum of programs for custodial and non-custodial parents. The Family Initiatives programs are developed and designed to reflect the strengths, and address the needs of parents in recovery and their children. Through the many programs offered through Family Initiatives, parents can receive peer support, family coaching, parent coaching, peer mentoring for young pregnant and parenting adults with mental health conditions, and legal support, among other resources.
Children’s Trust of Massachusetts
55 Court Street, 4th Floor Boston, MA 02108
- The Children’s Trust leads statewide efforts to prevent child abuse and neglect by supporting parents and strengthening families.
- They fund over 100 family support and parenting education programs in communities throughout Massachusetts. Some of the programs they offer for parents include Parenting Education and Support Groups, Massachusetts Family Centers, and Healthy Families, which provides home visiting specifically for first-time parents under age 21. Other areas include their fatherhood initiative, and One Tough Job (see below).
- To find out more about each program, visit the above link and click on the “For Parents” tab at the top of the page.
One Tough Job
- The Massachusetts Children’s Trust Fund created One Tough Job to support parents by providing them with current, reliable, and practical information on a variety of parenting topics related to raising children from infancy through adolescence. They provide information on topics such as Positive Parenting, Health and Safety, School and Child Care, and Growth and Development.
Parents Helping Parents
108 Water Street Watertown, MA 02472
- Parents Helping Parents is a nonprofit organization focused on preventing child abuse by offering free parenting help and support.
- PHP's prevention philosophy is grounded in a self-help model based on the belief that parents are capable of developing their own solutions when given the space, encouragement, and community resources that they need. Thus, it is the parents themselves who decide the direction a conversation will take during a Parent Support Group meeting or Parental Stress Line call.
- To find a support group near you, go to https://www.parentshelpingparents.org/
Massachusetts Department of Public Health Family Planning Program
Division of Primary Care and Health Access - 250 Washington Street Boston, MA 02108
- The Family Planning Program promotes and provides comprehensive family planning services, which include clinic-based services and may include community education and outreach. These services are targeted to adolescents and low-income residents in Massachusetts. Family planning services aid individuals and families in making choices regarding the spacing and number of their children. Family planning is an integral component of the Department of Public Health's efforts to prevent unintended pregnancies and STDs including HIV/AIDS, reduce infant mortality and morbidity, and improve the health of individuals and communities.