Federal and State Financial Aid - Office of Private Occupational School Education

How To Apply for Federal or State Student Financial Aid

Students who are applying for federal or state student aid must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Please be advised that these forms are free to all students and may be obtained via the web at Free Application for Federal Student Aid, by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243), or from the schools to which you intend to apply.

Students seeking to attend schools that are approved for federal student aid are also eligible to apply for aid through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Please see the Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance for more information on state aid programs.

There are a number of organizations and individuals who bill themselves as FAFSA "coaches" who will help you to complete the application. However, please note that it is not necessary for you to pay "coaches" to complete the FAFSA forms for you. You can get free "coaching" online at Federal Student Aid Coach.

Help Us Improve Mass.gov  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.