Find a Problem Animal Control agent

Licensed Problem Animal Control (PAC) agents can be hired by landowners. If a wild animal is damaging your property or posing a threat to your safety, you can call a PAC agent for advice or for a home visit. Use the map or list below to find a PAC agent near you. Click on a point to get contact information.

Table of Contents

Find PAC agents using a list

About PAC agents

If you have a wildlife problem that you can't solve yourself, a PAC agent may be able to help. PAC agents are licensed individuals that act on your behalf to solve wildlife problems. PAC agents charge for their services. PAC agents are different from municipal Animal Control Officers, who mainly deal with domestic animal issues.

PAC agents can:

  • Solve your wildlife problem
  • Give information and advice to help you prevent future problems

PAC agents are allowed to harass, take, and destroy, or release on site non-domesticated reptiles, birds, and mammals that are:

  • Endangering the life and health of humans or domestic animals
  • Damaging your property
  • Obstructing your reasonable and comfortable use of property

Animals PAC agents can handle:

  • Bats (certain species)
  • Beaver
  • Chipmunk
  • Coyote
  • Fox (red and gray)
  • House sparrow
  • Mice
  • Moles
  • Muskrat
  • Norway rat
  • Opossum
  • Pigeon
  • Porcupine
  • Rabbit
  • Raccoon
  • Skunk
  • Snapping turtle
  • Squirrels (red, gray, flying)
  • Starling
  • Voles
  • Weasel
  • Woodchuck


If you have damage caused by beaver flooding outside the November 1 -- April 15 beaver trapping season, contact your local Board of Health for the necessary permit. Emergency Licensed PAC agents or fur trappers may assist you with the permit process and will be identified on the permit as your authorized agent. More beaver information.


PAC agents may only handle coyotes if they have completed a MassWildlife training and certification program about coyotes. PAC agents must also follow certain reporting requirements before taking or attempting to take a coyote. Contact the Westborough office at (508) 389-6300 for more details.


If you have damage caused by migratory birds and other birds such as woodpeckers, which are protected under both state and federal law, you will require a permit from the U.S. Department of Agriculture Wildlife Services Office in Amherst (413) 253-2403 to deal with the birds.

Learn more about PAC agents.

Find a wildlife rehabilitator.

Help Us Improve  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.