Commitment to Local Governments
The Local Government Enablement (LGE) Team works with municipal organizations to ensure buyers have familiarity and ease of access to the selection, pricing, and added benefits negotiated by the state through Statewide Contracts (SWCs).
LGE team members regularly meet with municipal decision makers throughout the Commonwealth to discuss SWC products and services and help organizations leverage COMMBUYS to simplify their purchasing and procurement processes.
Tap into everything OSD has to offer through the Local Government Enablement Team.
- Statewide Contract Reference Sheet
- COMMBUYS Prospectus
- Local Government Enablement Profile
- Purchasing from PunchOut Catalogs
- Environmentally Preferable Products Index
- EPP Program - Environmentally Preferable Products and Services on Statewide Contracts
- EPP - Green Awareness for Facility Managers
- School Flyer
- Police Brochure
- Housing Authority Flyer
- Public Works, Highways, and Facilities Departments Flyer
- Statewide Contracts: Trades vs. MRO
- VEH110 and VEH102 Flyer
- VEH111 Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Office of the Inspector General - Charts on Procurement Procedures
- Guidance to Update Your Fiscal Year in COMMBUYS
- Non-Profit Purchasing Programs
- Find Grant Funding in COMMBUYS
- Building for Success: Trades Projects Simplified - Slides and Meeting Recording
- Professional Services Webinar (PRF69 & PRF76) Slides and Meeting Recording
- Professional Services Webinar (PRF70 & PRF75) Slides and Meeting Recording
- PSE01 Body Camera Webinar Slides and Meeting Recording
Statewide Contract Benefits and 30B Compliance
The Commonwealth offers more than 100 Statewide Contracts that, in addition to advantageous pricing, provide other tangible benefits, such as prompt pay discounts, bulk purchase pricing, and extended warranties. Utilizing Statewide Contracts may save you time and money while providing best value for your community.
The Office of the Inspector General has provided the following guidance regarding Statewide Contracts: Purchases made from SWCs procured through the Operational Services Division are exempt from the requirements of 30B. M.G.L. c. 30B (1)(c) and municipal entities are able to purchase products or services from SWCs without seeking bids or quotations. Users must comply with use guidelines provided for each SWC. For 30B questions, contact the Office of the Inspector General.
Bring COMMBUYS to Your City or Town
COMMBUYS is the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ online procurement platform, supporting commerce between government buyers and businesses. Use COMMBUYS to purchase from Statewide Contracts, find grant opportunities, and take advantage of the platform’s free bid management tools – tailored training included!
COMMBUYS Bid Management Resources
In addition to facilitating SWC purchasing, take advantage of COMMBUYS’ bid management features.
In today’s environment, many staff are working remotely and social distancing protocols make managing paper bids practically impossible. Refer to the resources below to learn how easy it is to use COMMBUYS’ free bid management tools which comply with 30B requirements.
Contact the Local Government Enablement Team for more information.