Foodborne illness complaints
If you believe you have experienced foodborne illness (“food poisoning”) and would like to report a restaurant or other exposure, please call:
- Your local board of health
- The MDPH Food Protection Program (617) 983-6712
- Or the MDPH Epidemiology Program (617) 983-6800
Please be prepared to provide a food history for the 72 hours prior to symptom onset. You may also want to visit your healthcare provider.
Disease-specific fact sheets
You can view fact sheets about diseases that can be spread through food or drinks.
- Hepatitis A
- Listeria (Listeriosis)
- Noroviruses (Norwalk-like Viruses)
- Shiga Toxin Producing Escherichia coli
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus
Massachusetts surveillance data
Click here to view Massachusetts surveillance data about foodborne diseases.