The Community Service Program organizes community work service as an intermediate sanction for criminal justice agencies throughout the state.
What does the Community Service Program do?
The Community Service Program specifically addresses the reasons for sentencing by:
- Maintaining public safety by providing closely monitored community work service
- Promoting respect for the law and community through community restitution
- Providing opportunities for work skills training
Who is referred to the Community Service Program?
People who are court-involved are referred to the Community Service Program:
- Instead of paying some court costs, such as probation supervision fees
- To address a need for pro-social leisure and recreation activities caused by criminal behavior via standard or enhanced criminal justice supervision
- As an alternative to prosecution, sentencing, or incarceration
For more information about the program, please contact:
Barnstable, Bristol, and Plymouth counties
Norfolk and Suffolk counties
Dukes, Essex, and Middlesex counties
Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire, and Worcester counties
Braintree, MA 02184
|Last updated:||July 18, 2019|