• This page, Licensing Requirements: Surplus Lines Broker - Corporate, is offered by
  • Division of Insurance

Licensing Requirements: Surplus Lines Broker - Corporate

The requirements for surplus lines are governed by M.G.L. 175 § 168. In order to qualify as a surplus lines broker in the Commonwealth, applicants must meet the following requirements:

  1. The applicant is a resident licensed Producer of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with the property & casualty lines of authority or is licensed as a surplus lines broker in his/her home state.
  2. The applicant is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
  3. No insurance license issued to the applicant has ever been revoked or suspended.
  4. The applicant is trustworthy and competent.

Please log onto www.nipr.com and submit the following online application:

  1. An accurately completed Business Entity Surplus Lines Broker Application.
  2. A fee of $150 per member of business entity, paid by credit card or EFT payment. Please note the fee is non-refundable.

Help Us Improve Mass.gov with your feedback