What is it?
Effective July 1, 2021, MetLife is the GIC’s Long Term Disability (LTD) Carrier. If you are unable to work for 90 consecutive days due to illness or injury, this program provides income replacement. Benefits include:
- A tax-free benefit of 55% of a participant’s gross monthly salary, up to a maximum benefit of $10,000 per month, up to the age of 65. If a participant is disabled on or after age 62, benefits may continue after age 65;
- A benefit for partial disabilities;
- A 36-month benefit for behavioral health disabilities;
- A rehabilitation and return-to-work assistance benefit;
- A dependent care expense benefit; and
- Partial benefits, even if you are receiving other income benefits, with a minimum of $100 or 10% of your gross monthly benefit amount – whichever is higher.
Eligibility and Enrollment
Active state employees who are eligible for GIC benefits are eligible for LTD.
Current State Employees: All eligible employees can apply for LTD coverage during Annual Enrollment, or at any
time during the year. You must provide proof of good health for MetLife’s approval to enter the plan.
New State Employees: Eligible employees may enroll in LTD without providing evidence of good health.
MONTHLY GIC PLAN RATES EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2021
|ACTIVE EMPLOYEE AGE||
Per $100 of Monthly Earnings
|Under Age 24||$0.06|
|25 - 29||$0.07|
|30 - 34||$0.11|
|40 - 44||$0.30|
|45 - 49||$0.40|
|50 - 54||$0.48|
|55 - 59||$0.60|
|65 - 69||$0.33|
|70 and over||$0.20|