NMVTIS is a system that allows Massachusetts RMV to instantly and reliably verify the information on the paper title with the electronic data from the state that issued the title. NMVTIS is also a tool that assists states and law enforcement in deterring and preventing title fraud and other crimes. Consumers can use NMVTIS to access important vehicle history information.
- Prevent the introduction or reintroduction of stolen motor vehicles into interstate commerce
- Protect states and consumers (individual and commercial) from fraud
- Reduce the use of stolen vehicles for illicit purposes including funding of criminal enterprises
- Provide consumers protection from unsafe vehicles
Check NMVTIS Before You Buy!
The "Check NMVTIS Before You Buy!" brochure and video were developed to:
- Raise awareness to anyone thinking about buying a used vehicle that purchasing a NMVTIS Vehicle History Report may protect consumers from vehicle fraud and unsafe vehicles, and
- Remind the consumer that state agencies also use NMVTIS information as part of their vehicle titling process, and why not check the same system state agencies use?