Visit the RMV's Online Service Center for over 40 transactions that can be completed online and skip the trip to the RMV.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has extended the REAL ID enforcement date from May 3, 2023 to May 7, 2025.
Beginning May 7, 2025, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID compliant driver’s license or identification card, or another TSA-acceptable form of identification, for domestic air travel and to enter certain federal facilities. For the complete list of required documentation click here.
You can save time at an RMV Service Center by starting any driver's license or ID transaction online. Customers who already have a full-term REAL ID are eligible to renew online up to a year in advance of their expiration date.
What would you like to do?
- New to Massachusetts?
- Register and Title Your Vehicle
- Passenger (Class D) Driver's Licenses
- Disability Plates and Placards
- RMV Forms and Manuals
- Commercial Driver's Licenses (CDL)
- RMV-issued Identification Cards
- Suspension Hearings
- Driving and other violations
- Traffic Tickets
- Alcohol and Drug Suspensions
- Motorcycle (Class M) Driver's Licenses
- Vehicle Registration
- Military and Veteran RMV Information
- Tips for RMV Success
- RMV Professional Certifications & Credentials
- Medical Standards Related to Driving
- Registry of Motor Vehicles PRR
- RMV Records Requests
- Merit Rating Board (MRB)
- Vehicle Certificate of Title
- Salvage Vehicles and Titles
- Section 5 - General Registrations
- International Registration Plan (IRP)
- Massachusetts Vehicle Check